|How to for Work Reports|
Work Report Routing of Copies:
(Top) JATC – Apprentice will return this part to the JATC. This document is reviewed by several JATC committee members and submitted as evidence of compliance with the Ohio State Apprenticeship Council (OSAC) for on-the-job training (OJT) hours. They are required to return their portion of the report to the JATC by the 15th of the month.
(Middle) Contractor- Contractors will have a record of how the apprentice is progressing in the field. After reviewing the work report, contractors can provide comments and fax to JATC (419) 666-0336, email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the page to the JATC, 803 Lime City Road, Rossford, Ohio 43460
(Bottom) Apprentice – Apprentice will have record of their many electrical tasks accomplished, being able to track their work experience.
More Info on WORK REPORTS
The following a bullet points for further clarification.
• All apprentices are using these work reports
• We are using multiple categories for Inside, Residential, and Telecommunications Work Reports. These catigories are tracked by letters. A B C D... The Inside Work Report has 22 catigories (A-V)
• Apprentices will also now have a limit (Recommended and Max) of OJT hours they are allowed to work in each of these categories.
• Apprentices will need to keep track of their cumulative totals by using the website (www.tejatc.org / Apprentice Tab / TradeSchool Login) and looking under the letter categories for what their totals are.
• Journeyperson will now be responsible for signing the weekly hours verification spots. It is recommended that each apprentice fill in their hours and work categories daily and have the journeyperson on the job-site sign each week.
• There is a section for the apprentices to fill in “What I Learned on the Job and How it benefited my education:”
• There is a 15 day grace period for work reports. The apprentice should be getting the report signed on the last day of the month so it can be turned in on time.
• The “On-the-Job” Evaluation will be scored on a 1-5 number rating. With 3 being average.
• This scoring will only be filled in by the Journeymen and the Foreman on the jobsite. The Journeyperson or Foreman should take the contractor copy at that time (Middle copy). Follow your established company policy with contractor copy.
• The apprentice is be able to seek rotation. Rotations are reviewed by director, contractor, and committee.
• There are three copies. The JATC Copy (Top). The Contractor copy (Middle). The Apprentice copy (Bottom).
• It is recommended that contractors establish a policy for maintaining their copy of the work report.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.